I’ve just been skimming through the Found Money participating merchants on Raiz (previously Acorns Australia) and have noticed a few new ones have joined the ranks over the last couple of months. This is great news, especially as more and more retailers that I buy from on a regular basis have become available. Sadly, a few of the previous merchants are no longer participating, but they were not ones I shop with anyway so not a big deal to me.
If you aren’t sure how Found Money works on Raiz (previously Acorns), check out my blog post here. The short version is: when you shop at a participating merchant, they will reward you by contributing a certain amount of money into your account. That amount varies between retailers, but it’s an excellent way to add a little extra money into your Raiz investment while shopping for things you are buying anyway.
So without further ado, here are the currently participating merchants and their rewards.
- Neat Ideas Cinema Vouchers (Event, Hoyts, BCC, etc.) – $4 investment (unclear if it is per voucher or per order)
- Bonds – 4x regular round-up
- Aussie Farmers Direct – $10 investment for first-time customers and $1 investment per order for future orders.
- HelloFresh – $20 investment for first-time customers
- Uber Drive Partner – $50 investment for referring a new driver (once they take their first drive) and $20 investment for uploading their driver’s license (unclear if the $50 includes the $20 amount or if they are separate).
- Uber Rider – $5 investment when you order your first Uber through Acorns
- General Pants Co – 3x regular round-up
- eBay – 3% of your purchase
- Catch of the Day – 5x regular round-up
- Strawberry Net – 10% of first purchase and then 1x regular round-up for future purchases.
- BCF – 4x regular round-up
- Booktopia – 3x regular round-up
- PETstock – 4x regular round-up
- Virgin Australia – 1% of your purchase on flight bookings
- Wiggle – 4x regular round-up
- Flowers for Everyone – 5% of your purchase
- Ambrose Coffee – 10% of your purchase on 250g bags of Ambrose Coffee
- R.M. Williams – 30x your regular round-up (no, that isn’t a typo)
- Red Balloon – 5% of your purchase
- Swanky Socks – 10% of your purchase
- Nixer – $5 investment for signing up and $10 Nixer credit.
- The Iconic – 5x regular round-up
- Dan Murphy’s – 5x regular round-up
- Asos – 4x regular round-up
- Foodora – $10 investment for first-time customers and $1 per order for future orders
- Nike – 3x regular round-up
- David Jones – 4x regular round-up
- Hummingbird – $3 per order
- Cotton On – 2x regular round-up
- Charles Tyrwhitt – 5x regular round-up
- Lorna Jane – 3x regular round-up
- Pharmacy 4 Less – 2x regular round-up
No longer participating merchants:
- Mr Porter
Any new ones there that are useful to you? The big ones for me are eBay, PETstock and Virgin Australia. On eBay, I can buy almost anything, so I can now get bonus round-ups on virtually any purchase. PETstock and Virgin both offer services that I use semi-regularly, so that means additional rewards. Particularly in the case of Virgin, think double-ups! 1% investment plus Velocity Frequent Flyer Points. Awesome!
Not using Raiz (previously Acorns) yet?
If you don’t use Raiz yet and aren’t sure, you can get a bonus investment of $2.50 by signing up using my referral link here. It doesn’t take long before you start to see the returns well above bank interest. I have been using Raiz since they opened up shop in Australia in February 2016 under the Acorns brand and have found it to be such an easy way to invest. While the returns are variable, I have been noting they consistently sit above 6% on an aggressive investment portfolio, with the highest I’ve seen at 12.5%. Be sure to let me know in the comments if you’ve got any questions about how Found Money works, about Raiz or just in general!